1. The school follows CBSE system and affiliated to Sainik Schools Society. This school has been achieving excellent result in class X and XII Board Examinations for the last five years. The pass percentage of class X and XII have been 100% in the last five years. Needless to say that there are no failures from this school.
2. Rotary Club of Purulia facilitated first three toppers of class X & XII for their excellent performance in Board Exams- 2009.
3. 15 cadets of the school joined Defence Services in the year 2008-09. In the year 2009-10, till now 08 cadets have joined Defence Services.
4. In the East Zone Sainik Schools Sports & Co-curricular Championship for the year 2009-10, Sainik School Purulia’s positions are as under :-
Overall – First
Champions in Hockey.
Champions in Volleyball.
Champions in Basketball.
Champions in Co-Curricular activities.
5. In Zonal volleyball bal competition Sainik School Purulia bagged 2nd position out of all Sainik Schools.
6. Participating cadets of the school received Prizes and Appreciation Certificates in the following workshops and other activities:-
(a) Physics Workshop organized by District Science Centre, Purulia.
(b) Workshop on Climate Changes & Pridiversity organized by WWF.
(c) All India Essay Writing Contest on Road Safety, organized by the United Schools Organisation of India, New Delhi & Ministry of Shipping, Road Transport & Highways.
(d) Science Seminar on Water Management.
(e) IQ Workshop for class XII.
(f) District Level Debate Contest.
(g) CBSE Maths Olympiad Contest.
(h) Inter- Schools Quiz Contest organized by Rotary Club of Purulia.
(j) District Level Tai-Kwon-Do contest – Won Champions Trophy.
7. 09 cadets of Sainik School Purulia NCC have been awarded scholarhsip from Cadet Welfare Society and 07 cadets have been awarded scholarship from Sahara Group of Companies for their heart breaking peformance in board exams in the year 2008.
08. One cadet of class X visited Japan in the month of Dec 08 on YOUTH EXCHANGE PROGRAMME [JAPAN- EAST ASIA NETWORK OF EXCHANGE FOR STUDENTS AND YOUTH PROGRAMME (JENESYS)]conducted by Ministry of Human Resource Development, Govt of India. He was the only cadet amongst all the Sainik Schools to be selected for the said programme.
09. Shri Nishi Saha, Asst Master (Maths) was selected to visit Japan as Escort Teacher in the month of May 09 on YEP (JENESYS) conducted by Ministry of Human Resource Development, Govt of India.
10. Shri AK Saha, Ex- Senior Master of this school who retired in April 2009 has been awarded the National Teacher Award for the year 2008-09. Earlier the same award was received by Mr. BB Giri, Master in Biology in the year 2005. The later is still serving in Sainik School Purulia.
11. Sainik School Purulia has received the Certificate of Honour by the “Telegraph School Awards” within West Bengal in two categories i.e. Best Maintained School for the year 2009 & Best School in Social Service for the year 2009 on 22 Aug 09 and was nominated for best award in both the categories. On 29th Aug 2009, this school received the “Award for Best School in Social Service- 2009” by “Telegraph School Awards” at Science City, Kolkata.
12. On successful completion of the eye camp conducted on 10 May 09 by interact Club of Sainik School Purulia in association with Rotary Club of Purulia, a Project report was submitted to the Rotary International, Kolkata. Our school bagged 1st prize in the medical related project category and was felicitated at a prize distribution ceremony held on 28 Jun 09 at Kolkata.
13. Education for Dropouts among the General Employees: There are huge number of dropout among the General Employees and the nearby villages, those due to financial reason or due to non availability of facilities. The members of the Interact Club used to visit the villages and identify the dropout and make them aware about importance of education in today’s world. It is due to the cadets of Interact Club of Sainik School Purulia, four dropouts out of the General Employees of this school were admitted to Rabindra National Open School at Purulia Centre to continue higher studies. Two of them are doing their class XII and rest two is doing class X.
14. Motivation Lectures by Defence Officers and eminent personalities have been organized for the benefit of students and staff as well.
15. Motivational Tours to different Defence Establishments like National Defence Academy, Khadakwalsa, Pune, AF Station, Kalaikunda, GRSE Kolkata etc. are planned every year for the cadets of the school.
16. The following Eminent Personalities visited the school during the year:-
Maj Gen AM Verma, SM, VSM (Ex- GOC, Bengal Area) in the year 2008.
Maj Gen RP Dastane, VSM, GOC Bengal Area on 15 Jul 09.
Hon’ble Education Minister Shri Partha De in the year 2008.
Gp Capt VT Parnaik, Inspecting Officer, Sainik School Society, New Delhi in the year 2008.
Hon’ble MP of Purulia Shri Narahari Mahato in the year 2008.
Ms Nayantara Pal Choudhury, Governor, Roatary Club International, Kolkata in Jan 2009.
Shri Santanu Basu, IAS, District Magistrate, Purulia on 28 Jul 09.
Wonderful article Visit our website RMS School Coaching Centre in Charkhi Dadri to find out how to get cheap admission to Sainik School. Alar Academy is the top Sainik school entrance exam coaching centres. Enroll today for the best Sainik school coaching.
एक टिप्पणी भेजें